- Cama-i, quyana tailuci!
- (Central Yup’ik)
- "Greetings, thank you for coming!"
Education for Homeless Children and Youth
Title X-C of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), called the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act, includes requirements for all districts to identify and serve children and youth experiencing homelessness so that these children have access to the same free appropriate public education as provided to other children and youth in the state. Some funding is available to award competitive grants to districts that meet eligibility requirements based on the number of homeless children and youth identified in the district.
Statewide Toll Free Number 1-877-854-5437
Guidance and Regulations
- Homeless Definition and Examples
- School District's Title X-C Responsibilities
- Data Sharing Guidance for Students in OCS Care (pdf)
- State Guidance Immunization
- Alaska Complaint/Dispute Resolution Procedures (pdf)
- Title X-C US ED Non-Regulatory Guidance (pdf)
- USDA Guidance on Categorical Eligibility for Homeless Students (pdf)
Resources For School Districts
No upcoming important dates.
- Education of Homeless Children and
Youth Program Manager
- Sheila Box: (907) 465-8704
- National Association for the Education of Homeless Children and Youth (NAEHCY)
- National Center for Homeless Education (NCHE)
- National Law Center on Homelessness and Poverty
- National Network for Youth
- Department of Health and Social Services