Office of Alaska Teacher Education & Certification - Policy
Office of Alaska Teacher Education & Certification is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Office of Alaska Teacher Education & Certification may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 19, 2011.
What we collect
We collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- educational information
- demographic information
- credit or debit card information for billing purpose only
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- In order to allow you to renew the certificates issued by our office.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our services.
- We may periodically send emails about new online services which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website to provide improved services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Our address is:
Department of Education & Early Development
Office of Teacher Education & Early Development
P.O. Box 110500
801 West 10th Street, Suite 200
Juneau, AK 99811-0500