Alaska Parent Guide
The Department of Education & Early Development has developed web-based, interactive training courses for educators on special education topics.
The Alaska Parent Guide eLearning course offers learners the opportunity to learn:
- Some of parents' rights with regard to the education of their exceptional child
- Some of the child's rights to an education
- The signs indicating the child's possible qualification for referral
- Who may refer their child for evaluation
- The process for evaluation
- Individualized education for a child
- How to initiate a complaint regarding education for a child
- How such complaints are resolved
Registration - To register for an eLearning account, please complete our online account request form.
Star Rating: 3+ out of 4
- This was a great class it was nice to know the parents legal rights and how they can protect them.
- This course provided valuable information about the special education process in mediation and referrals. I am grateful for the reminders so that I can work effectively with the special education teacher in our school.
- I appreciated knowing legal processes for parents, students, school districts & teacher's rights for IEP & due processes. It was very informative. Thank you.