The department has produced a number of publications and templates to provide guidelines to districts for project planning, CIP (AS 14.11) application submittals, and project administration. Related reports published for the legislature have also been made available.
Additional Downloadable Forms relating to Facilities.
Please select a category on the left to view the resources available on that subject.
Capital Project Administration
- Annual Report, Debt Project (EED Form #05-08-015) (Due by October 15) - excel
- Annual Report, Grant Project (EED Form #05-08-016) (Due by July 31) - word
- Capital Project Administration Handbook - pdf
- Closeout Submittal Samples - pdf
- Closeout Worksheet, Debt Project - excel
- Closeout Worksheet, Grant Project - excel
- District Participating Share for CIP Grants
Application for Grant or Debt Capital Improvement Project
For the current CIP application, instructions, eligibility checklist, scoring criteria, rater’s guidelines, and Cost Model - refer to Capital Project Information and References
Preventative Maintenance & Facility Management
- PM State-of-the-State Report (EED Maintenance Assessments & Related Data) - pdf
- Alaska School Facilities Preventive Maintenance Handbook - pdf
- Renewal/Replacement Schedule - excel
- Alaska Template for School Dude CMMP - excel
- Quick Step Guide for Alaska CIP Report - word
- Work Order Days Aged Template for School Dude CMMP - excel
NON-DEED PUBLICATIONS & LINKS OF INTEREST
*Links to external resources are provided as a public service and do not imply endorsement*
Environmental Assessment Checklist for Healthy Schools, Alaska Edition by the U.S. EPA Region 10 and the Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium -- a tool designed for schools in rural Alaska to help assess school environments and identify areas for improvement and potential action.
Sensible Steps webinar series by the U.S. EPA, Region 10 -- introduces sensible, low- or no-cost steps that communities can take to create healthier environments in their schools.
Project Planning & Design
- Guide for School Facility Condition Surveys - pdf
- Life Cycle Cost Analysis Handbook - pdf
- A Handbook to Writing Educational Specifications - pdf
- Current GSF Calculations - excel
- Swimming Pool Guidelines - pdf
- Guidelines for School Equipment Purchases - pdf
- Site Selection Criteria and Evaluation Handbook - pdf
- Site Evaluation Matrix - excel
- Project Delivery Method Handbook – pdf
Seismic Information - The information below was prepared by the Alaska Seismic Hazard Safety Commission and submitted to the department in order to assist school districts in their review of seismic hazard and risk. The information contained in the documents below should be used for reference only, and decisions based on the information should be accomplished by geologists, geotechnical engineers, or structural engineers as appropriate.
Cost Model & Format
Reports To The Legislature
School Capital Project Funding Report – A report to the legislature on the effectiveness and funding sources of the state aid for school construction and major maintenance grants and debt reimbursement, as required by AS 14.11.035.
Statewide Six-Year Plan – Compiled from the district plans submitted to the department, primarily through the CIP process. Provides an overview of projects and estimated costs that are anticipated by the districts over the next six years.