Official printed transcripts for all colleges/universities attended to complete your degree(s) and approved preparation program(s) must be submitted with your application. Official printed transcripts showing renewal credits must be submitted with your renewal application. Application packets sent without official printed transcripts will be returned unprocessed.
EXCEPTION: Only applicants eligible to extend their Initial teaching certificates may have their official printed transcripts showing the completion of the required Alaska studies and Alaska multi-cultural coursework mailed directly to the Teacher Certification office.
Official printed transcripts may be opened by the applicant to verify the correct coursework and/or degree(s) are posted; however, they may not be marked on in any way. The Teacher Certification Office accepts official transcripts after they have been opened, provided they contain the registrar’s signature/seal and are printed on official university transcript paper. Unofficial, photocopied, printed electronic or faxed transcripts will not be accepted.
The Teacher Certification office is accepting electronic transcripts on a limited basis. Official electronic transcripts will only be accepted from applicants via email who are renewing, reinstating or extending an existing certificate. Electronic transcripts will only be accepted from University of Alaska (UAA, UAF, and UAS) and Alaska Pacific University (APU).
Use the following procedure to submit your electronic transcripts.
- Request an official, electronic transcript be sent to your email address from University of Alaska system. You may access this service through UAOnline or the Alaska Pacific online system.
- Download the official, electronic transcript sent to you from the University of Alaska or APU system to your computer.
- Attach the official, electronic transcript to an email.
- In the subject line of the email, please write the following: ELECTRONIC TRANSCRIPT – LAST NAME
- Send the email from your email account to email@example.com.
**PLEASE NOTE: Electronic transcripts must be emailed to the Teacher Certification office using the procedure above. The Teacher Certification office will not accept printed copies of electronic copies that have been mailed. Electronic transcripts will not be accepted from applicants who are applying for their first teacher, administrative or special services certificate. First-time applicants for teacher, administrative or special services certificates must submit official, printed transcripts with their applications.
- Approved Preparation Program: A teacher, administrator, or special services program offered by a regionally accredited teacher education institution, meeting standards established by NCATE.
- Bachelor’s Degree: A baccalaureate degree awarded by a regionally accredited institution of higher education for the equivalent of four or more years of successful undergraduate study.
- NCATE: National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education. The council published Standards for the Accreditation of Teacher Education, 2008.
- Official Transcript: A transcript certified by the issuing regionally accredited institution as official, that bears the signature, in ink, of the registrar and/or the embossed or colored seal of the institution.
- Regionally Accredited Institution: Institutions of higher education that have been evaluated by a recognized regional accrediting association.
- Regionally Accrediting Associations
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
- North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA)
- Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges (MSA)
- Southern Association of Schools and Colleges (SACS)
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges (NWCCU)