- Cama-i, quyana tailuci!
- (Central Yup’ik)
- "Greetings, thank you for coming!"
In response to Novel Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), the Alaska Department of Education and Early Development (DEED) has submitted a request to the U.S. Department of Education (US ED) to waive certain requirements of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA, section 1111) related to assessment requirements.
On March 23, 2020, US ED gave notification to DEED that the wavier will be approved. As a result, spring 2020 administrations of the following assessments have been cancelled:
* PEAKS content area assessments in Mathematics, English Language Arts, and the Alaska Science Assessment
* Dynamic Learning Maps (DLM) alternate assessment
* WIDA ACCESS for ELLs and Alternate ACCESS
The public may submit comment on this waiver by completing the Assessment and Accountability Waiver Public Comment Survey. The survey will remain open until May 6, 2020.
- FAQs for Parents: Why Should My Child Take the State Assessment? (pdf)
- FAQs about Student Assessment Data (pdf)
- Alaska's Required Statewide Assessments