- Cama-i, quyana tailuci!
- (Central Yup’ik)
- "Greetings, thank you for coming!"
Welcome to the School Health, Safety and Alternative Education website. Creating and maintaining safe, supportive and successful schools requires careful planning, implementation and coordination of efforts by many stakeholders. The following links illustrate the many overlapping and interrelated components that contribute to school health, safety and alternative education.
School Health and Wellness
Alaska School Safety & Well-Being Summit
DEED will be hosting a comprehensive statewide School Safety & Well-Being Summit, September 18-20, 2019 at the Egan Center in Anchorage. National and state educational leaders, key staff, and other strategic partners will convene with school district teams to improve school safety in Alaska by both learning and sharing methods to: promote healthy development through trauma-engaged and restorative practices, improve school climate, and strengthen preparedness for any potential school crisis. All participating districts will receive funding via DEED to support sending teams of up to 6. Registration opens on Friday July 26, 2019.
- Todd Brocious - (907) 465-2887
Education Administrator II
- EED - Safe Schools
- eLearning, School Health and Safety, Alternative Education, Quality Schools
- Sharon Fishel - (907) 465-6523
Education Specialist II
- School Counseling, Behavioral Health, Suicide Prevention, School Climate, Alternative Schools, Restraint and Seclusion, Title I D
- Kami Moore - (907) 465-2939
Program Coordinator II
- School Health, Fourth R, School Emergency Management, Youth Risk Behavior Survey, Alaska Safe Children's Act
- Samantha Wilson - (907) 465-2304
Program Coordinator I
- eLearning, SET, Quality Schools