- Career Technical Education
- Early Learning
- Educational Technology (Title II-D)
- English Learners (Title III-A)
- Homeless Education (Title X-C)
- Improving Basic Programs (Title I-A)
- Migrant Education Program (Title I-C)
- Neglected & Delinquent (Title I-D)
- Safe, Supportive & Successful Schools
- Special Education
- Suicide Awareness, Prevention, & Postvention
Public School Choice
Have you ever thought of running for a seat on your local school board?
Alaska College Planning & Financial Aid Information
The Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education (ACPE) promotes access to and success in education and career training beyond high school. As part of that mission, it offers a suite of financial aid, including the Alaska Performance Scholarship, the Alaska Education Grant, low-cost student education loans to supplement federal loans and family education loans. In addition, ACPE offers outreach services designed to provide educational access necessary for Alaskans to become peak performers, regardless of their financial status.
The Commission provides:
- financial aid for college and career training
- programs creating early awareness of the importance of preparing for success in higher education
- education planning tools and resources
- advocacy and support for postsecondary participation in Alaska
- education consumer protection through institutional authorization and complaint investigation
For students & parents, ACPE’s web site offers online user account services, including electronic loan applications and detailed loan, scholarship and grant information. You can securely apply for loans, manage your account, and make payments. For schools, it also offers online applications to participate in planning programs: I Know I Can, Kids2College, AKCIS and AKCIS Jr.
Go to acpe.alaska.gov to learn more.