- Cama-i, quyana tailuci!
- (Central Yup’ik)
- "Greetings, thank you for coming!"
Mission: An excellent education for every student every day. Vision: All students can succeed in their education and work; shape worthwhile and satisfying lives for themselves; exemplify the best values of society; and, be effective in improving the character and quality of the world around them.
The Alaska State Board of Education & Early Development is appointed by the Governor. The nine-member board includes a military advisory member and a student advisory member.
Review of adopted regulations is done first by the Department of Law. After its review, the package is sent to the Lt. Governor's Office for a final review. The regulation becomes effective 30 days after the Lt. Governor has signed off.
- 2019 Annual Report to the Alaska State Legislature - submitted January 2020 (pdf)
- 2018 Annual Report to the Alaska State Legislature - submitted February 2019 (pdf)
- 2017 Annual Report to the Alaska State Legislature – submitted January 2018 (pdf)
Board Meeting Schedule and Information Packets
- June 9-10, 2021- Virtual Meeting- Regular quarterly
- April 21, 2021- Virtual Meeting- Work Session (Commissioner's report)
- March 16-17, 2021- Virtual or Juneau Meeting- Regular quarterly
- February 24, 2021- Virtual Meeting- Work Session (Commissioner's report)
- January 26-27, 2021- Virtual Meeting- Special Meeting (Legislative and budget report)
- December 9, 2020- Virtual Meeting- Regular quarterly
- October 21, 2020- Virtual Meeting- Work Session (Commissioner's report)
- September 16-17, 2020- Virtual Meeting- Regular quarterly
- August 19, 2020- Virtual Meeting- Work Session (Commissioner's report)
- July 22, 2020- Virtual meeting- Work Session (Commissioner's report)
- June 10-11, 2020 – teleconference – Regular quarterly
- April 22, 2020 – WebEx – Work session (Commissioner’s report)
- April 6, 2020 - Teleconference Special - COVID-19 Update
- March 25-26, 2020 – Juneau – Regular quarterly - POSTPONED
- March 25, 2020 - Teleconference Emergency Special - COVID-19 Update
- February 26, 2020 – Audio Conference – Work session (Commissioner’s report)
- January 20, 2020 – Teleconference Special – legislative and budget report
- December 4, 2019 – Audio Conference – Regular quarterly
- October 23, 2019 – Audio Conference – Work session (Commissioner’s Report)
- September 18-19, 2019 – Anchorage – Regular quarterly
- August 21, 2019 – Audio Conference – Work session (Commissioner’s Report)
- July 24, 2019 – Audio Conference – Work session (Commissioner’s Report)
- June 6-7, 2019 – Audio – Regular quarterly meeting
- April 24, 2019 – Audio – Work session: Commissioner’s report
- March 28-29, 2019 Regular quarterly meeting - Juneau
- February 14, 2019 - Audio - Special Meeting
- February 4-5, 2019 Special meeting: Legislative and budget update - Juneau
Please contact the State Board of Education Secretary Linda Mattson at 907-465-2802 or email@example.com if you would like a copy of an agenda or board packet for year 2018.
Meeting minutes are posted online after they are approved by the board at the subsequent quarterly meeting. To ensure board decisions are shared with the public in a timely manner, post board meeting news releases are distributed immediately following each meeting that summarize all action taken by the board.