- Cama-i, quyana tailuci!
- (Central Yup’ik)
- "Greetings, thank you for coming!"
Mission: An excellent education for every student every day. Vision: All students can succeed in their education and work; shape worthwhile and satisfying lives for themselves; exemplify the best values of society; and, be effective in improving the character and quality of the world around them.
The Alaska State Board of Education & Early Development is appointed by the Governor. The nine-member board includes a military advisory member and a student advisory member.
Review of adopted regulations is done first by the Department of Law. After its review, the package is sent to the Lt. Governor's Office for a final review. The regulation becomes effective 30 days after the Lt. Governor has signed off.
- 2020 Annual Report to the Alaska State Legislature – submitted January 2021 (pdf)
- 2019 Annual Report to the Alaska State Legislature - submitted January 2020 (pdf)
- 2018 Annual Report to the Alaska State Legislature - submitted February 2019 (pdf)
- 2017 Annual Report to the Alaska State Legislature – submitted January 2018 (pdf)
Board Meeting Schedule and Information Packets
|Topic||Start Time||Recording Link||Access Passcode|
|State Board of Education Meeting||Jun 10, 2021 08:32 AM||Click Here||
|State Board of Education Meeting||Apr 21, 2021 02:28 PM||Click Here||
|State Board of Education Meeting||Mar 17, 2021 8:20 AM||Click Here||
|State Board of Education Meeting||Feb 24, 2021 02:16 PM Alaska||Click Here||
|State Board of Education Meeting||Jan 26, 2021 8:30 AM Alaska||Click Here||
|State Board of Education Meeting||Dec 9, 2020 8:33AM||Click Here||
|State Board of Education Meeting||Oct 21, 2020 02:27 PM||Click Here||=Hk?e!8D|
|State Board of Education Meeting - Day 2||Sep 17, 2020 07:49 AM||Click Here||4VX@gX=x|
|State Board of Education Meeting - Day 1||Sep 16, 2020 07:46 AM||Click Here||&Wn#0wd$|
- June 8-9, 2022 - Virtual Meeting - Regular quarterly
- April 13, 2022 - Virtual Meeting - Work session (Commissioner's report)
- March 1-2, 2022 - Juneau in person meeting - Regular quarterly
- January 26, 2022 - Virtual Meeting - Special (legislative and budget report)
Please contact the State Board of Education Secretary Linda Mattson at 907-465-2802 or email@example.com if you would like a copy of an agenda or board packet for year 2018.
Meeting minutes are posted online after they are approved by the board at the subsequent quarterly meeting. To ensure board decisions are shared with the public in a timely manner, post board meeting news releases are distributed immediately following each meeting that summarize all action taken by the board.