- Cama-i, quyana tailuci!
- (Central Yup’ik)
- "Greetings, thank you for coming!"
In response to Novel Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), the Alaska Department of Education and Early Development (DEED) has submitted a request to the U.S. Department of Education (US ED) to waive certain requirements of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA, section 1111) related to assessment requirements.
On March 23, 2020, US ED gave notification to DEED that the wavier will be approved. As a result, spring 2020 administrations of the following assessments have been cancelled:
* PEAKS content area assessments in Mathematics, English Language Arts, and the Alaska Science Assessment
* Dynamic Learning Maps (DLM) alternate assessment
* WIDA ACCESS for ELLs and Alternate ACCESS
The public may submit comment on this waiver by completing the Assessment and Accountability Waiver Public Comment Survey. The survey will remain open until May 6, 2020.
In early 2011, the Alaska Department of Education & Early Development signed a memorandum of understanding with the University of Wisconsin-Madison's Center for Educational Research to obtain a new English language proficiency assessment. The test, Assessing Comprehension and Communication in English State-to-State for English Language Learners (ACCESS for ELLs) is a product of the World-Class Instructional Design and Assessment Consortium (WIDA).
ACCESS for ELLs
ACCESS for ELLs is a secure large-scale English language proficiency assessment for students who have been identified as English Learners (ELs). ACCESS for ELLs is aligned with the WIDA English Language Development (ELD) Standards and assesses each of the four language domains of Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing. Alaska has adopted the 2007 WIDA ELD Standards (Alaska Regulation 4 AAC 04.155). ACCESS for ELLs is given annually in WIDA Consortium member states to monitor student’s progress in acquiring academic English. ACCESS for ELLs must be administered to all identified ELs in the State of Alaska anytime during the test administration window of February 1 – March 31 (Alaska Regulation 4 AAC 34.055(c)).
WIDA Client Services Center
Email email@example.com or call 1-866-276-7735
Contact WIDA with questions about:
- ACCESS for ELLs Training (checklists, manuals, webinars)
- Test administration for ACCESS for ELLs, Alternate ACCESS for ELLs, and Kindergarten ACCESS for ELLs
- WIDA training course account management
DRC Customer Service
Email WIDA@datarecognitioncorp.com or call 1-855-787-9615
Contact DRC for questions about:
- WIDA Assessment Management System (AMS) functionality, account setup, and forgotten passwords
- Materials receipt, inventory, and return
- Labeling of test booklets
- Online test software (INSIGHT) and Testing Site Manager (TSM) installation, functionality, and troubleshooting
- English Language Proficiency Assessment Results
- Participation Guidelines for Inclusion of Alaska Students in State Assessments, December 2017
- WIDA Partners
- ACCESS for ELLs test window
- February 3, 2020 - March 31, 2020