World War II Veterans

Appplication High School Diploma for World War II Veterans

If you have NOT received your diploma and have submitted an application between March 1, 2008 and March 27 2009, you will need to resubmit your information. Thank you.

The Legislature in 2001 passed AS 14.03.077, which allows World War II (WWII) veterans or their family members to apply to the Department of Education & Early Development for a high school diploma. The law allows the department to award diplomas to WWII veterans, including Alaska Territorial Guard members, who served in the U.S. military during the period of August 7, 1940 to July 25, 1947. WWII Veterans with a GED may apply. Family or immediate family members may also apply for eligible deceased or incapacitated veterans.

If discharge papers are not readily available, applicants may submit an Affidavit of Service (word) or (pdf).

ALL the fields are *REQUIRED* to be filled. Use Tab key to navigate between fields.

*Veteran's Name*

(as you would like it to appear on the diploma)


Induction Date: Discharge Date: (mm/dd/yyyy)

*Mailing Address*

(where diploma is to be delivered)

*Your Name*

(if not veteran)


(include area code)

Please fax or mail a copy of the discharge papers to:

State of Alaska
Department of Education & Early Development
ATTN: Dottie Knuth
801 West Tenth Street, Suite 200
P.O. Box 110500
Juneau, AK 99811-0500

Fax: (907) 465-4156