USDA Policy Memo 04-03 (word) requires all State agencies to provide annual training to all Child and Adult Care Food Programs (CACFP) and require attendance. Child Nutrition Programs offers this annual training regionally and through webinar.
Child care centers that are interested in operating the CACFP in their center must take trainings via DEED eLearning. All are required unless the agency falls within the exceptions noted. The following trainings can be found on DEED Elearning website.
- Child Nutrition: CACFP Administration Basics
- Child Nutrition: CACFP Participant Enrollment and Income Eligibility (not required for At-Risk Afterschool Meals programs, Head Start programs, or Emergency Shelter programs)
- Child Nutrition: Infant Feeding in the CACFP (not required for programs not serving children 0-1 year)
- Child Nutrition: CACFP Family Style Dining (not required for programs pre-plating food)
- Child Nutrition: USDA Civil Rights Requirements
- Child Nutrition: Procurement Training – Informal
- Child Nutrition: Procurement Training – Procurement Plans
- CACFP New Meal Pattern Training Part 1 - May 2017: Part 1 PowerPoint | Part 1 pdf
- CACFP New Meal Pattern Training Part 2 – May 2017: Part 2 PowerPoint | Part 2 pdf
- CNP Web Tutorial for Child Care Centers – FY18 (pdf)
- Happy Mealtimes for Healthy Kids (powerpoint)
- "Full Happy Mealtimes for Healthy Kids" training including trainer's manual and handouts
- Infant Meals Component of CACFP Updated for FY18 (powerpoint)
- CACFP Administrative Training Part 1 – FY18 (powerpoint)
- CACFP Administrative Training Part 2 – FY18 (powerpoint)
Annual Fall Training
- CACFP Administrative Training is offered once a year and is required
- CACFP Basic Training is required for programs in their renewal year, new programs, and highly recommended for administrators of existing programs.
- CACFP Infant Training is highly recommended for those serving infants
CACFP Annual Training for Adult Care and Emergency Centers is required and will be offered through distance delivery. Training registration for these programs will be sent via e-mail