- Cama-i, quyana tailuci!
- (Central Yup’ik)
- "Greetings, thank you for coming!"
Continuing Education Units (CEU) are available for eLearners who hold a current five-year or ten-year Alaska teaching, administrative, or special services certificate. Certificated eLearners will receive one CEU for 15 hours of eligible coursework completed. Only one CEU is available through the Department’s eLearning program at this time.
Eligible courses must be completed after the date of issuance and before the expiration date on current certificates (and in your eLearning profile). If you are renewing a ten-year certificate, the coursework must be completed within the last five years of your certificate expiration date. The CEU will be awarded within 24 hours of all coursework completed and emailed to the email address in your eLearning profile.
The following courses must be completed to earn a CEU:
- Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Training for Educators
- Equity Training for Educators
- Mandated Reporters of Child Abuse and Neglect
- Overcoming ACEs in Alaskan Schools
- Part A: Suicide Awareness
- Part B: Suicide Prevention
- Prenatal Alcohol and Drug Related Disabilities
- Trauma-Engaged and Practicing Schools
- Trauma-Sensitive Schools
In order to receive a CEU through the Alaska Department of Education & Early Development’s eLearning program, please complete the following:
- Login in to your eLearning account. If you do not have an account, create a new account. If you had an account in the past, please do not create a duplicate account. Contact our eLearning team for assistance or use the “Forgot your Password” link in the login box. If you create a duplicate account, previously completed coursework will not be eligible toward the CEU.
- Update your eLearning profile with your current certification information.
- Alaska Teacher Identification (ATI): Your ATI can be found printed on your certificate. Check the back of your Professional certificate and the front of your Administrative or Special Service Provider certificate.
- Certificate Issue Date
- Certificate Expiration Date
- Is this certificate valid for at least five-years? (This MUST be checked yes)
- Complete the required courses. You do not need to retake courses previously completed as long as they were completed within the last five years.
- Check your email for the official notice awarding you a CEU from eLearning at alaska dot gov. You will need to print this email and a copy of your eLearning transcripts showing the coursework and dates of completion. (You may need to check your spam/junk box for the email).
- Submit the CEU email and your eLearning transcripts as part of your renewal packet. If submitting your recertification packet via mail, include the printed official email and eLearning transcripts. If submitting an online renewal, include the CEU email and eLearning transcript in the email containing your electronic transcripts. List the Dept. of Education eLearning courses under Organization.
If your five-year or ten-year certificate has expired, the eLearning CEU can also be used to reinstate your certificate for one-year after your certificate’s expiration date. Please contact the Teacher Certification team below for more details.
For questions regarding eLearning courses and CEUs, please contact the eLearning team or (907) 465-2304.
For questions regarding your teaching certificate or the renewal application process, please contact the Teacher Certification team or (907) 465-2831.