- Cama-i, quyana tailuci!
- (Central Yup’ik)
- "Greetings, thank you for coming!"
The Department of Education & Early Development has developed web-based, interactive training courses to support Alaskan educators and parents.
The Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) eLearning course offers educators the opportunity to:
- Become familiar with the purpose, history of PBIS
- Learn Part 1 of PBIS that explains the Universal Tier where behavioral expectations are taught to ALL children in a school, early childhood or agency program, etc.
- PBIS is a set of research-based strategies used to increase quality of life and decrease problem behavior by teaching new skills and making changes in a person's environment. PBIS combines:
- Valued outcomes;
- Behavioral and biomedical science;
- Validated procedures; and
- Systems change to enhance quality of life and reduce problem behaviors.