- Cama-i, quyana tailuci!
- (Central Yup’ik)
- "Greetings, thank you for coming!"
To continue the creative discourse and scenario planning achieved through the Alaska Smart Start 2020 webinar series held this spring, DEED, with the support of the Region 16 Comprehensive Center, is launching the Alaska Smart Start Summer Virtual Summit 2020 to be held throughout the month of August.
The Virtual Summit invites teachers, parents, district staff, tribal leaders, community members, and education stakeholders to interact daily with expert guest speakers, network with a statewide community of learners, and collectively plan for the conditions, continuity, and capacities for learning in the upcoming school year through the recently revised Alaska Smart Start 2020: Restart & Reentry Framework Guidance for K-12 Schools.
The professional development event will start August 4th, 2020, and run through August 27th, 2020, with a bonus pre-session on August 3rd. The Virtual Summit is intended to create a variety of spaces for people to connect, enhancing the collective wisdom for K-12 education in Alaska.
- Mondays offer sessions developing communities around various topics, collaborating in size-alike districts;
- Tuesdays present specific topics within Capacities and Conditions for Learning;
- Wednesdays provide opportunities for Virtual Consultations; and
- Thursdays focus on the Continuity of Learning.
To learn more and register visit aklearns.org/smartwebinar/.