The pupil transportation program is a grant funded program based on using the established district per child cost multiplied by the districts average daily membership less the correspondence students. The department issues three payments in August, December, and a final adjusted payment in March.
- Aug. 20: District request for Pupil Transportation
- Oct. 1: Annual Pupil Transportation Report
- Dec. 1: Recertification of school bus drivers
Reports can be found on the Forms page, under the heading Pupil Transportation Funding & Safety.
- Minimum Standards for Alaska School Buses, 2017 (word)
- School Bus Safety Inspection Manual – 2006 Edition (pdf)
- Commercial vehicle inspection regulations (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration)