- Cama-i, quyana tailuci!
- (Central Yup’ik)
- "Greetings, thank you for coming!"
A Second Initial teaching certificate is for applicants who have previously held an Initial teaching certificate but who have not satisfied the two years of teaching experience requirement for the Professional teaching certificate.To qualify for a Second Initial teacher certificate, an applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Has held an Initial teacher certificate
- Passing scores on an approved basic competency exam (BCE)
- Passing scores on an approved content area exam
- Completion of a teacher preparation program as verified by a State Approved Program Verfification Form for Teachers
- Official transcripts showing:
- Three (3) semester hours of approved Alaska studies coursework
- Three (3) semester hours of approved Alaska multicultural coursework
- Six (6) semester hours of coursework completed in the five years prior to application (recency credit)
A Second Initial teacher certificate will be valid for three years. A Second Initial teacher certificate is not eligible for an extension and is not renewable.