Precautions Against Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP)
The Department of Education & Early Development has developed a web-based, interactive training course for school districts to provide blood-borne pathogen trainings to their staff.
The Blood-Borne Pathogen eLearning course offers learners the opportunity to:
- Understand what blood-borne pathogens are, explain how they spread, and describe the symptoms of blood-borne illnesses.
- Find out how you can protect yourself from exposure to blood-borne pathogens, identify proper protective equipment, and describe how to handle or dispose of contaminated items.
- Prepare for what do in case of an accidental exposure, obtain a copy of the school Exposure Control Plan (ECP), and find answers to further questions on blood-borne pathogens.
Registration - To register for an eLearning account, please complete our online account request form.
Star Rating: 3+ out of 4
- This review is concise and to the point. Thank you so much for providing this review to staff
- Best training I've ever had on BBP...Boring but important training. I have had it 10+ years as a school counselor in MN & WI and this is the best I've ever had.
- I found the information to be interesting, important, and possibly life saving