Educator Evaluation & Support: System Design
The Alaska Department of Education & Early Development has developed resources that can be used by districts across the state as they redesign their evaluation and support system. The purpose of the resources is to provide documents, tools, and templates to be used as starting points to developing a revised district educator evaluation and support system that satisfies the new regulatory requirements and also incorporates best practices.
Feel free to use these resources and adapt them to fit your district's needs.
Note: According to state law, each district’s school board is responsible for the district’s evaluation and support system. During the redesign of its evaluation and support system, the district must consider information from students, parents, community members, classroom teachers, affected collective bargaining units, and administrators.
Items that can be used to broaden basic understanding of the topic.
- Educator Evaluation Frequently Asked Questions
- New EES Infographic
- Evaluation Handbook for Professional Alaska Educators - pdf
- Teacher Standards Framework Alignment - pdf
- Teacher Evaluation Model Comparison Chart - pdf
- New EES Timeline - pdf
- Everyone at the Table: Engaging Teachers in Evaluation Reform
Items that can be used to process new information, plan for next steps, or take action.
- Educator Evaluation Overview Handout - pdf
- District Self-Assessment Tool - word
- Evaluation System Checklist - word
- Evaluation System Comprehensive Worksheet & Gap Analysis - word
- Multi-Year Planning Template - word
- Multi-Year Planning Template Sample - word
Forms and other items that can be used as is or modified for use with a district's newly designed educator evaluation and support system.
- Informal Observations
- Alaska Teacher Standards
- Alaska Administrative Standards
- Danielson Framework
- Marzano Framework
- Community Evaluation Input (Coming Soon)
- Teacher Input Form
- Teacher Input Q & A
- Level of Support (Coming Soon)
- Plan of Improvement
- Plan of Professional Growth
- District Support
- Professional Focus
- Evaluation Alternatives
Sites of Interest
Websites that may be of use as districts begin the design of their new educator evaluation and support system.