- Cama-i, quyana tailuci!
- (Central Yup’ik)
- "Greetings, thank you for coming!"
Alaska provides professional development opportunities throughout the school year for district administrators, school administrators, and classroom teachers and staff.
Teaching and Learning Support Institutes
ALASKA SCHOOL LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
- 2014 May Leadership Institute Registration (coming soon)
STATE COACHING/MENTORING PROGRAMS
Experienced Alaskan educators assist as coaches and work primarily with staff in Priority and Focus schools. These coaches support each designated school staff in implementing the school improvement plan by providing onsite training, coaching principals and teachers, and supplying distance resources in a broad spectrum of instructional, leadership, and systems’ best practices.
DOMAINS AND INDICATORS OF Alaska STEPP
- Alaska STEPP Domains and Indicators Rubric for Schools (word)
- Alaska STEPP Domains and Indicators Rubric for Districts (word)
- Alaska Effective School Framework (pdf)
RESOURCES FOR USE
- Alaska’s School Improvement Handbook (pdf)
- Title I Schoolwide Assurances with Guidance for Alaska STEPP (word)
- Guidance for Using Alaska STEPP as a Title I Plan – TA Programs (word)
- Sample Annual Pacing Guide Checklist AKSTEPP (word)
- Sample School Needs Assessment (word)
- Quick Reference: AK STEPP Success Cycle's Assess, Create & Monitor (word)
- Quick Reference: Final Tips for Editing & Submitting an AK STEPP Plan (word)
LIST OF PRIORITY & FOCUS SCHOOLS
- 2013-2014 Priority and Focus Schools (pdf)
- 2014-2015 Priority and Focus Schools (pdf)
- 2015-2016 Priority and Focus Schools (pdf)