- Cama-i, quyana tailuci!
- (Central Yup’ik)
- "Greetings, thank you for coming!"
In 2011 and 2012, teams of secondary and postsecondary CTE and math teachers are participating in a Math-in-CTE program facilitated by EED, UAA, and the National Research Center for Career and Technical Education (NRCCTE). Math-in-CTE professional development trains math and CTE teacher teams to work collaboratively to enhance the math that exists naturally in the CTE curriculum. This model has been shown to significantly increase students’ achievement on standardized math tests, while maintaining their technical skill achievement.
Math and CTE teachers began this year-long program with an intense week of training at the beginning of August. During that week they learned what the Math-in-CTE model is, they mapped the CTE curriculum, and they developed some awesome math-enhanced lesson plans. During this school year, the CTE teachers are delivering those lesson plans and are continuing the collaboration with their math teacher partners.
- Math-in-CTE Alaska Overview [1.5 MB] (powerpoint)
- Download the Construction math-enhanced lesson plans from 2010 (24 MB zipped file)
- Download the Health math-enhanced lesson plans from 2010 (12 MB zipped file)
- Download math-enhanced lessons created in the original NRCCTE research
For more information on the Math-In-CTE model, please visit the NRCCTE website.