The Department of Education & Early Development has developed web-based, interactive training courses for educators on special education topics.
The Individualized Education Program eLearning course offers educators and parents the opportunity to:
- Describe the IEP process
- Identify responsibilities associated with the IEP process
- Determine when an IEP meeting must be convened and identify who must be involved in the IEP process
- Describe parent participation in the process
- Identify when an IEP must be in effect
- Describe the guidelines for preparing an IEP
- Identify the contents of an IEP.