- Cama-i, quyana tailuci!
- (Central Yup’ik)
- "Greetings, thank you for coming!"
The American Rescue Plan Act, 2021 (ARP), was signed into law on March 11, 2021. The ARP Act provides an additional $122 billion for the Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund (ESSER III Fund) to help meet a wide range of needs arising from the Coronavirus pandemic, including reopening schools safely, sustaining their safe operation, and addressing students’ social, emotional, mental health, and academic needs resulting from the pandemic. The ARP Act provides an additional $2.75 billion in assistance to Non-Public Schools (EANS), $3 billion for Special Education, and additional funding for homeless children & youth, Tribal Educational Agencies, Native Hawaiians, and Alaska Natives.
Share your ideas with us through our Thought Exchange
Plan updates from DEED:
DEED will provide updates on how the plan is going and how we are implementing the input we’ve gathered. These are open to the public, including: district personnel, school personnel, families & parents, and any community organizations with a vested interest.
- May 7, 2021, 2PM- What are the state’s needs?
- May 14, 2021, 2PM- What are the priorities for state funds?
- May 21, 2021, 2PM- How can DEED support schools, districts, and educators?
Stakeholder engagement opportunities:
Calling all families & advocates of migratory children, English learners, Alaska Native children, children with disabilities, children experiencing homelessness, and children in foster care. We need your feedback. COVID-19 has impacted all of us and has interrupted our students' learning. Join the Alaska Department of Education & Early Development for an evening chat as we discuss the American Rescue Plan (ARP) and gather your input on the needs of our children.
Please join us for a discussion on the COVID-19 Pandemic and Education. Choose whichever day works for your schedule.
Share your thoughts about the needs of your students and the students you advocate for through this survey Targeted Stakeholder Input for Student Groups.
Resources for Districts
- COVID Relief Funding FAQs
- COVID Relief Funding Guidelines: A Resource for Spending Funds Effectively
- District Milestones and Checklist
- District Mitigation Plan Template
- District ARP Plan Requirements
- District Stakeholder Engagement Toolkit
- Evidence Based Guidance
- FY22 COVID Relief Application Assurances Packet
- Slides from webinar on 5/3/21: Engaging Stakeholders
- Slides from webinar on 5/4/21: District Reqiurements
- Slides from webinar on 5/5/21: Data Reporting