Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
The Department of Education & Early Development has developed web-based, interactive training courses to support Alaskan educators and parents.
The Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) eLearning course offers educators the opportunity to:
- Become familiar with the purpose, history of PBIS
- Learn Part 1 of PBIS that explains the Universal Tier where behavioral expectations are taught to ALL children in a school, early childhood or agency program, etc.
- PBIS is a set of research-based strategies used to increase quality of life and decrease problem behavior by teaching new skills and making changes in a person's environment. PBIS combines:
- Valued outcomes;
- Behavioral and biomedical science;
- Validated procedures; and
- Systems change to enhance quality of life and reduce problem behaviors.
Star Rating: 3 out of 4
- I would love to see this spread down to the IST levels in schools.
- Very good information that I will be talking to my school principal about implementing.
- Useful presentation, would like to get a copy of the Behavior Matrix and Office Referral Form used in this course.