- Cama-i, quyana tailuci!
- (Central Yup’ik)
- "Greetings, thank you for coming!"
The Alaska Mathematics Standards prepare Alaska students to be competitive on the national and world stage. These standards are a set of specific, rigorous expectations that build students’ conceptual understanding, mathematical language, and application of processes and procedures coherently from one grade to the next so all students will be prepared for post-secondary experiences.
- Mathematics standards (pdf, word, excel, text)
Standards and Targets by Grade
|Grade Level||Standards||Learning Targets||Vocab||Tasks|
|Kindergarten||PDF | Word||PDF | Word||Word||PDF | Word|
|1||PDF | Word||PDF | Word||Word||PDF | Word|
|2||PDF | Word||PDF | Word||Word||PDF | Word|
|3||PDF | Word||PDF | Word||Word||PDF | Word|
|4||PDF | Word||PDF | Word||Word||PDF | Word|
|5||PDF | Word||PDF | Word||Word||PDF | Word|
|6||PDF | Word||PDF | Word||Word|
|7||PDF | Word||PDF | Word||Word|
|8||PDF | Word||PDF | Word||Word|
- Math treasure hunt (pdf)
- Understanding rigor (pdf)
- Instructional Focus and Cluster Worksheet for Grades K-8 (word)
- Instructional Focus and High School Course Clusters (word)
- Standards for mathematical practice (pdf)
- Eight Mathematical Practices Poster (pdf)
- Required fluencies for grades K-6 (pdf)
Sites of Interest
- District Math Instructional Materials (xlsx)
- Math Instructional Materials District Review EdReports and LA Ratings (xlsx)
Alaskan students who take Dynamic Learning Map assessments are instructed and assessed on Essential Elements (EEs). EEs are grade-level-specific expectations about what students with the most significant cognitive disabilities should know and be able to do. EEs are related to college- and career-readiness standards for students in the general population.
For more information, please visit the Special Education page.